Last updated: March 11, 2021
Your privacy is important to us at Kingcaddy. We are committed to protecting the privacy of personal information which we collect, hold and administer.
This policy is intended to help you understand:
- The information we collect about you
- How we collect your information
- How will we use your information?
- How do we store your information?
- What are your data protection rights?
- Cookies, their management and use
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
The information we collect about you
Kingcaddy collects the following information about you as a requirement for creating an account and making purchases on our website, via telephone when you call us, or through the contact form on our website:
- Address (Street/Unit Address, Suburb, City/Town, Postcode)
- Phone number/mobile number
- Email address
- Shipping address
- Payment card details
- Billing address
How we collect your information
Direct collection of information
You directly provide Kingcaddy with most of the information we collect about you. We collect information and process data when you:
- Register an account online in order to purchase our products.
- Use the checkout process on our store.
- Send us an email or fill out our contact form.
- Use or view our website. When you view our website, we collect information via your browser’s cookies. See the Cookies section of this policy for more information.
Indirect collection of information
Kingcaddy may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Through social media sites such as Facebook or Instagram.
- From third parties when you purchase one of our products from their stores or have your Kingcaddy product serviced or repaired through them.
- Embedded content from other websites
How will we use your information?
Kingcaddy collects your information so that we can:
- Register your account on our website.
- Process product orders you make through our website. This includes sending information to payment providers to complete your order.
- Contact you in regards to enquiries you make or orders you place through our website or via phone.
- Provide a warranty for Kingcaddy products you have purchased.
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
How do we store and secure your information?
Kingcaddy stores your information securely in our electronic database, and in our primary email address book if you emailed us. We limit access to Kingcaddy representatives only, on an as needs basis, and use per user authentication.
We take reasonable steps to implement safeguards for the protection of your information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee the safety and security of all transmissions or personal information through the Internet, or while stored on our systems, or otherwise in our care.
Should security breach occur that is likely to result in a risk to the information privacy of any account holders on our website, we will inform the relevant affected parties, as well as relevant authorities, about the security breach as soon as reasonably possible.
Retention of personal information
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Kingcaddy will keep your personal information only for as long as is necessary to perform our activities, to provide services to you, or to keep a record of your information for warranty purposes. The storage period depends on the type of personal information or data. For example your name and contact details may be kept indefinitely as a part of our warranty information related to your purchase.
We delete your personal information (either partially if required for our records, or completely if not) after the above described storage period or when you request us to erase your personal information.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Kingcaddy will not provide your information to third parties for marketing or promotional purposes unless we specifically request your consent, and consent is given.
What are your data protection rights?
In providing your personal information to us, you also have options in reviewing, rectifying and removing that information. We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your options. Every user is entitled to the following:
You have the right to request Kingcaddy for copies of your personal information. We will supply this in electronic format to you.
The right to rectification
You have the right to request that Kingcaddy correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Kingcaddy to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure
You have the right to request that Kingcaddy erase your personal information, if that information is no longer required by the Kingcaddy to perform our activities.
The right to restrict processing
You have the right to request that Kingcaddy restrict the processing of your personal data, in which case you may prevent Kingcaddy from performing any actions relating to you. This may, for example, prevent us from performing tasks such as registering you as a cricket player.
The right to object to processing
You have the right to object to Kingcaddy’s processing of your personal data, in which case you may prevent Kingcaddy from performing any actions relating to you. This may, for example, prevent us from performing tasks such as processing orders on our website.
The right to data portability
You have the right to request that Kingcaddy transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, in which case we will provide you with a copy in electronic format.
If you make a request, will respond to you as soon as possible, within one month.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact Kingcaddy via the details at the bottom of this page.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Kingcaddy uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences.
- Google Analytics cookies – Kingcaddy uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. See the above link for Google’s data uses.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites or third party apps that we link to or use
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Or contact us via our contact page.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Kingcaddy has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, at https://www.oaic.gov.au/